Jabra Evolve 40 is a professional headset for greater productivity and amazing sound for calls and music. With the Jabra Evolve 40 series headsets, you can stay in the zone and avoid interruptions, find inspiration between calls and enjoy flexible connectivity.
Works with your phone or platform
Jabra headsets and speakerphones work out of the box with over 10,000 traditional deskphones. They are future-proof and compatible with all softphone and web clients, from Skype to Business to Microsoft Teams to Mitel. Providing your staff with certified and trusted devices that work seamlessly with your UC platform is key to productivity, audio quality and having fewer IT issues. Jabra have tested devices with a long list of platforms and are Microsoft Teams certified with a wide range of headsets and speakerphones.
Jabra Intelligent Call Transfer
Easily transfer your Skype for Business and Lync pc calls to your smartphone using “Jabra Intelligent call transfer (JICT)”. Ideal for when you need to head out the office door or move away from your desk.
3.5mm jack for better connectivity
The 3.5 mm jack lets you connect to your personal device - such as a smartphone or tablet - to work or listen to music wherever you are.
Get more productive
Busy light automatically turns on during a call to let others know the person is busy. Users can also activate it manually to signal that they don’t want to be disturbed.
Passive Noise Cancellation
Simply wear the headset to eliminate high-frequency noise, such as human voices - all thanks to the specially designed ear cushions. We call this “passive noise cancellation.”
- Microphone concept: Noise cancelling unidirectional microphone
- Microphone frequency range: 100Hz – 10kHz
- Speaker size: D28 x 3.9mm
- Speaker bandwidth - Music mode: HiFi, 20Hz – 20kHz (wideband)
- Speaker bandwidth - Conference mode: 150Hz - 7 kHz (wideband)
- Speaker sensitivity: 93.6dB
- Speaker impedance: 32+/-4.8Ω
- Active Noise Cancellation: No
- Passive Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Certifications: Certified for Skype for Business*, Avaya, Cisco, Alcatel Lucent and Astra
- Call control" Call control unit for easy call handling
- Discreet boom arm: Boom arm with magnet that integrates into the headset when not on calls
- Busylight: Integrated busylight that acts as a ‘do not disturb’ signal
- Battery included: No
- AC power supply: USB or USB-C power supply by PC
- Connection USB 2.0/3.0, USB-A, USB-C, 3.5mm jack
- NFC: No
- Packaging dimensions: (L x W x H) 190 x 255 x 100mm
- Weight Mono headset: 143g
- Stereo headset: 171g
- USB cord length Control cable: 95cm
- Headset cable: 120cm
- Warranty: 2 years
- Certifications: CE, FCC, KCC, RCM, UL
- Operating temperature: -10˚C to +50˚C
- Jabra Evolve 40 headset
- Neoprene pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Warning & Warranty leaflets
Frequently asked questions
- Can I listen to music on this device?
Yes. Evolve 40 has world-class speakers that are built for both voice and music.
- Does this device have Noise Cancellation features?
The Evolve 40 has passive noise cancellation. Simply wear the headset to eliminate high-frequency noise, such as human voices - all thanks to the specially designed ear cushions. For active noise cancelling see our Evolve 80 headset
- Does it work with Mac and PC?
Yes. It works with both systems.
- Does it have a 3.5 mm jack?
Yes. The 3.5 mm jack lets you connect to your personal device - such as a smartphone or tablet - to work or listen to music.
- How do I set up my Jabra device to work with Microsoft Skype for Business for Windows?
Simply install Jabra Direct. Jabra Direct is free PC software enabling Jabra USB devices to have Remote Call Control over most softphones.
- What is the difference between standard UC models and models that are certified for Microsoft Skype for Business?
The models that are certified for Microsoft Skype for Business (or Microsoft Lync) support Microsoft Skype for Business as a Plug and Play experience. The Plug and Play experience includes these benefits: Automatic selection as the default audio device, Features to answer and end calls, adjust volume, and mute.
If multiple certified audio devices are present, certified models also offer call prioritization. Microsoft Skype for Business will correctly send the audio to the device that was used to answer an incoming call. If you use a model that is certified for Microsoft Skype for Business with a different computer telephony (softphone) client, the product should work the same as a UC model regarding audio and features (such as answer and end calls, adjust volume, mute).
If you are not using Microsoft Skype for Business, use the standard UC model.