Posted by LIONWARE on 14th Apr 2021
Jabra Panacast: Product enhancement and feature updates now available via Jabra Direct and Jabra Express
With immediate effect and free of charge Jabra adds several improvements to the market leading video camera, Jabra PanaCast, that’s all-in-all upgrades the overall experience significantly. You can find more information about the updates below.
Intelligent Zoom & People Count
- Jabra PanaCast now updates both the detection accuracy and range for Intelligent Zoom improving the experience for both in-room participants and far-end participants. Intelligent Zoom is the way Jabra PanaCast detects people within the 180° Field of View, so the far-end experience is the people in the room rather than ‘empty room’.
- The improved accuracy and detection range will also improve the quality of PeopleCount.
- The detection range is now upgraded from 3.6m/12ft to 5.8m/19ft.
- A key part of the Intelligent Zoom experience is the Deep Zoom focus on people, when they are far away from the camera.
- With the new update Jabra PanaCast now supports Deep Zoom resolutions all from 640P to 1080P.
- New Deep Zoom resolutions: 640P & 960P
- All Deep Zoom resolutions: 640P, 720P, 960P, and 1080P
* Note: Jabra PanaCast delivers raw images, no stitching when zoomed in beyond 3x - zoom level 35
Improved user experience as Vivid HDR now must be activated via Jabra Direct or Jabra Xpress.
Other video experience improvements
- Image enhancement: Better view of details at greater distance.
- Image noise reduction: Less image noise, especially noticeable at higher zoom levels
- Microsoft Teams: Fixedoccasional freeze
The new software value pack 1 (firmware version is 3.9.12) release is available with immediate effect and is free of charge via Jabra Direct and Jabra Xpress.